Cape Radiology Group promotes the American College of Radiology’s (ACR) position on Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) and now offers this latest technology at our Cape and Jackson locations. DBT provides clearer and more accurate views compared to digital mammography alone. Performed in conjunction with digital mammography, tomosynthesis produces 3-dimensional images of the entire breast layer by layer. This allows our radiologists to examine all the complexities of your breast tissue with fine details better visualized and no longer hidden by the overlapping tissue above and below.
Benefits can include:
• Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden during digital mammography.
• Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape and location of abnormalities.
• Fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests.
• Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors.
• Clearer images of dense breast tissue.
Doctors and scientists agree that early detection is the best defense against breast cancer. Cape Radiology Group believes DBT is a big benefit to patients and our community. Our staff and physicians remain committed to the highest standard of care and innovative approaches to breast cancer diagnosis.
The ACR’s position can be accessed through the following link: